Monday, November 19, 2007

Yoo Hoo!



Turkey Day is almost upon us, & I'm trying to remember the Pumpkin Pie song. For some reason, I'm always the only one (who didn't marry in) not singing that song come Thanksgiving. Anyhoo, so WAY excited to get the fam' together. As to the happenings of the Easterbrooks, I stopped working at the fabulous Chocolate factory to be a Stay-at-Home Mom to Spencer; now almost 8 months old. Matt's still a Caricature Artist at Magic Mountain on Saturdays & holidays & is hunting for something more "regular." We're both dabbling a bit in the children's book illustration world; hopefully more details to follow. Annie does a little babysitting on the side & will be starting giving piano lessons next week. I've been in Stake Primary for the past few years, & love working with the Baptisms, Nursery & Primary Music. Spencer is a total cutie & has 2 bottom teeth, can crawl (backwards...but we're a little backwards ourselves) & when he gets excited, he may try to bite you. Watch out!

5 comments:

Dezra said...

Annie,
I'm not sure how the Pumpkin Pie song goes, but I remember (mostly) the words to this song that I clearly remember being sung at Tippets Thanksgivings:

Today's Thanksgiving Day
And we'll have a treat
Lots of yummy goodies(?) and ??? to eat.
Tom turkey's on the table
just waiting to be carved.
I hope my father (?) hurries
or else we'll all be starved.

Is that familiar?

Ms. Bananie said...

Ooo, I don't know that one either! What kind of Tippets AM I?! I think the one I'm thinking of is to the tune of "Oh, Christmas Tree."

Dezra said...

Elary said that the song she remembers goes to the tune of Frere Jacques and is sung in a round:
Turkey Dinner, Turkey Dinner
Pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie
Who will get the drumstick
yummy yummy yum-stick
me-oh-my, me-oh-my

leah said...

Spencer is a cutie! He looks like he has shed some of his buddahism...he he

Carrie L said...

The one I remember goes to the tune of America the Beautiful but I'm not sure about all the words:

Oh beautiful for pumpkin pie
With amber waves of cream.
That can't be found
On this foreign ground
But only in my dreams.
Oh pumpkin pie,
I wish that I
Could have a taste of you.
And if I could
You'd be so good
And all my dreams come true!